• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

recovering from a significant injury

egor

Bluelighter
I was struck from behind by a mountaineer doing approx 40mph while cycling. I ended up with a fracture inside my hip and just got upgraded back to 100 percent weight bearing status on friday. I didn't realize how bad off I would be from two months of almost total inactivity. I gained 22lbs, I'm up to 203lbs. I went for a ride that would have been no issue before I got hit (9.3mi) and had my ass kicked within 5mi. Does anyone have any experience recovering from something like this? Any tips on how to expedite my recovery?

Last edited:
I have experienced this. The best recommendation that I can make is find that point that kicks your ass and stopp before you get there. Slowly but surely you will creep up back to where you were before without feeling inadequate.

I've toned down my riding a bit and am not getting quite as beat. The sweet spot seems to be around 20mi round trip at low/moderate intensity mostly on pavement. Road miles are much less taxing than singletrack miles. I'm still a bit depressed about being unable to complete my favorite short loop. I'll try again in a few weeks once I've gotten 500 or so base miles on pavement in, with lower expectations of course.

I would suggest a combination of GH and GH releasing peptides.

Something like this:

9:00am: 100ug GHRP2/100ug CJC1295 + 10 minutes later 2IU GH

2:00pm 100ug GHRP2/100ug CJC1295 + 10 minutes later 2IU GH

9:00pm (bedtime?): 100ug GHRP2/100ug CJC1295 + 10 minutes later 2IU GH + 3mg melatonin

+ selenium 200ug
+ vitamin E 400iu
+ vitamin C 3g split into 3 doses